ASSESSED & GRADED
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is designed for anyone who wants to improve on their ability to write and deliver speeches. This workshop will provide many compelling examples of great speeches and speechwriting as well as opportunities for practice.
- Identify what makes a great speech
- Plan effectively before they start writing
- Use a non-linear approach to speechwriting
- Use an outcome matrix to frame audience change
- Employ a wide variety of rhetorical devices
- Use impactful language
- Articulate the science of storytelling
- Use powerful delivery techniques
- Use their vocal toolbox to create engagement
- Use mindfulness and presence techniques to overcome pre-speech nerves
- Deliver prepared as well as impromptu speeches
Training with Mango maximises action and interaction, blending individual and group exercises. Participants master key concepts through role plays, games, quizzes, case studies, discussions and reflective sessions
Explore how to prepare your speech. Consider the occasion and use an outcome matrix to help you achieve your purpose. Identify the themes of your speech and learn to plan in a visual, non-linear way.
Discover the different types of speeches and speech structures. Learn how to create powerful and memorable structures for a variety of different speech types.
3. Language & Rhetoric
Examine how to use rhetoric and impactful language in your speeches. Learn how to use metaphor, simile, antithesis, parallelism, rhetorical questions, alliteration and triplets. Leverage the power of storytelling and use the keys to persuasion to emotionally motivate your audience.
Master your delivery for face to face and virtual speeches. Learn how to leverage your vocal toolbox and the power of movement and body language. Explore how to minimize self-doubt and overcome nervous ticks and mannerisms.
Learn how you can deliver impromptu speeches by working on your speech toolbox. Develop your opening, closing, farewell, thank you and even apology speeches. Learn how you can think on your feet and create mini plans with limited time.
Talk to us about your training.
GET IN TOUCH
E-13-13-A PLAZA MONT KIARA
2 JALAN KIARA
50480 KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA