ASSESSED & GRADED
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP
This workshop is designed for anyone who wants to negotiate more effectively. It is designed around a negotiation process with a focus on interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Master different approaches to negotiation and select the right one
- Learn how to prepare for any negotiation with an A-Z process
- Discover how to identify the interests behind positions by asking skillful probing questions
- Employ tactical empathy to build trust with counterparts
- Use labelling and mirroring to show understanding Use calibrated questions effectively
- Add a range of tactics to your toolbox including the Ackerman technique
- Use psychological biases and heuristics like loss aversion, certainty, and anchoring
- Overcome impasse and deadlock
- Use time and silence effectively
- Wrap up a negotiation effectively
Training with Mango maximises action and interaction, blending individual and group exercises. Participants master key concepts through role plays, games, quizzes, case studies, discussions and reflective sessions
Explores the different approaches to negotiation and their benefits and drawbacks. Discover when to use an accommodative, competitive, and collaborative approach. Consider the ethics of negotiation and the concept of game theory.
2. The Process
Find out a comprehensive negotiation process and how to profile your counterpart effectively. Learn how to identify your BATNA, bottom line and how to prepare your negotiation approach.
Find out how to open effectively and use probing to separate positions from interests. Learn how you can build trust and rapport with your counterparts and how to use tactical empathy and focused listening.
Explore a range of negotiation tactics that you can use. Examine how to use techniques like anchoring, authority limits, reciprocity, log rolling and the Ackerman plan. Learn techniques to avoid deadlock and impasse. Unlock the power of asking calibrated questions.
Find out how to close the negotiation effectively and how to avoid last minute concessions. Learn how to balance trust and the need for contractual agreements.
Talk to us about your training.
GET IN TOUCH
E-13-13-A PLAZA MONT KIARA
2 JALAN KIARA
50480 KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA