ASSESSED & GRADED
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
Many important decisions are made based on emotion. Storytelling is a powerful and scientifically proven method of influencing an audience’s emotions. This workshop is designed for anyone who wants to tell compelling business stories.
- Explain the science of storytelling
- Match different story types with different emotions
- Finetune the message they want to communicate
- Empathize effectively with their audience
- List the 7 story archetypes
- Select the right story structure
- Build suspense into their story
- Choose the best story setting and point of view
- Exploit their vocal toolbox for delivery
- Choose the right words to elicit emotion
- Build three ready-made stories
Training with Mango maximises action and interaction, blending individual and group exercises. Participants master key concepts through role plays, games, quizzes, case studies, discussions and reflective sessions
Discover the science of storytelling and how we can use suspense to generate audience engagement. Learn the different chemical responses that our brain has to stories and how we can leverage that to help our audience connect with our message.
Explores the messaging of the story. Participants will learn how they can empathize with their audience in order to choose the right story which will capture their imagination.
3. Story Structures
Get to grips with different story structures by learning the 7 different story archetypes. Choose from real, fictional to semi-fictional story frames. Decide which point of view you want to tell your story from.
Learn how to use different aspects of the voice in order to convey different tones and feelings within the story. Practice using pace and volume to build excitement or suspense. Learn how to engage your audience’s emotions through the right words.
5. Your Toolbox
Work on 3 ready-made stories for your toolbox using the story archetypes. Practice finetuning these based on feedback from your trainer and peers.
Talk to us about your training.
GET IN TOUCH
E-13-13-A PLAZA MONT KIARA
2 JALAN KIARA
50480 KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA