ASSESSED & GRADED
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is designed for people who want to improve their ability to present data online. The workshop is a non-technical training which can be applied to any data design tools (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Articulate how data can be used to tell stories
- Recognize the difference between explanatory and exploratory analysis
- Use a systematic approach to build their story
- Choose the right level of context for stories
- Follow the ethical principles of storytelling
- Select the right chart to tell the right story
- Apply the Gestalt Principles of Visual Perception
- Remove chart junk and clutter
- Harness the power of iconic memory
- Leverage design principles to produce great charts
- Exploit animations to create focus.
Training with Mango maximises action and interaction, blending individual and group exercises. Participants master key concepts through role plays, games, quizzes, case studies, discussions and reflective sessions
Learn how data can become a story. Explore the steps to creating a story with data by identifying the ‘why, who, what and how’. Discover the ethics of data storytelling and how to avoid data manipulation.
2. Types of Visuals
Examine the different types of charts and infographics. Learn how you can select charts based on composition, distribution, relationship and comparison. Find out the pros and cons of different chart types and which ones humans are more easily able to process.
Use the Principles of Visual Perception to help remove chart junk and clutter. Explore how you can remove information like legends and grid lines. Learn how to reduce complexity and cognitive load.
Learn how to harness the power of iconic memory to draw your audience’s attention to key ideas in your story. Explore how you can use color, animation, shape and size to draw your audience’s attention to your story.
Find out some of the basic principles of design and use them to create professional but simple charts. Discover how you can stay on brand by using hues of color and customized infographics.
Talk to us about your training.
GET IN TOUCH
E-13-13-A PLAZA MONT KIARA
2 JALAN KIARA
50480 KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA